Pusat Bantuan

Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

ashsteinfeld245Avatar border
TS
ashsteinfeld245
The Advantages of Dev-Ops Skills in Data-Science

I'm completely fascinated with the discipline of Dev-Ops. My passion for dev-ops stems from my passion for Linux, and my love for both has helped me become a better data scientist and programmer in general. Being able to deploy your own creations is advantageous. Additionally, being able to SSH into a server and use it can be quite useful in various situations.

Deployment

Many use Heroku, Netlify, and other easy deployment tools because they have Dev-Ops abilities. The issue is that these services are both pricey and limited. These services are also not proprietary, meaning that if your firm has to deploy to their VPS but lacks the necessary ability and knowledge, you will have to hire someone else.
Compared to shared hosting providers, configuring NGINX on your own might save you a lot of money and time. It's not only liberating, but it's also a lot faster to be able to deploy your own applications. Your team's task will be easier by deploying your Flask apps. This is since your model may be set up and operated in only one session.
Another big plus is size and computation; while optimization can help with these and other problems, it's also nice to be free of the constraints of compute limits, computation price, and, most importantly, storage limits. When you use Gunicorn 3 with NGINX to deploy your model on a VPS, this is the place to go if you want to improve your deployments.

General Programming

Knowing how to use Linux entails understanding how to handle a server, bash, and computer without a monitor. Because Linux is so adaptable and frequently used, all these skills are merged into one.
Many microcomputer projects may also necessitate some Linux knowledge. Linux is obviously a must-have, especially for web development and deployment.
When it comes to data science, it's easy to underestimate how important the internet is. Data science isn't only about fitting models and developing massive neural networks; it's also about acquiring the data you need to achieve those things. Because data is required to create a model in the first place, knowing how to give it to yourself is a valuable ability for a data scientist to possess.
Furthermore, bash's power can drastically alter your workflow. Using git to retrieve repositories, push commits, and modify files is nice and convenient. Developers using Windows, where there is no bash shell, frequently run into problems where they need a bash terminal but don't have one. Knowing how to use bash is a skill you will not regret learning.

Summary:

Deploying endpoints and pipelines is a critical component of the data science puzzle. Though I would much rather be fitting models and processing data, I am well aware of the significance of pipelining and establishing a strong data structure first.

Unix system administration abilities can make your deployment situation a lot easier, and they can even make the unthinkable doable. Deployment can be inconvenient and pierce a huge model like a nail, restricting the size and computing performance of a machine-learning model. These abilities will make that work a breeze and make your life much easier. Because of the increased workload, it's also a fantastic time to learn. Being able to combine these talents into your workflow might make you feel more productive as well as faster.

To know more about Dev-Ops skills in data science, check out Learnbay, which provides an IBM-accredited data science course in Mumbai. Tech industry experts teach the data science training via live interactive sessions. 

GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
Education
EducationKASKUS Official
22.5KThread13.6KAnggota
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.