• Beranda
  • Buku
  • Literary Appreciation of I used to lived here once by Jean Rhys

tofairawanAvatar border
TS
tofairawan
Literary Appreciation of I used to lived here once by Jean Rhys
“I used to live here once” by Jean Rhys

When I read this story I was telling a third person written by Rhys, a story about longing, nostalgia, struggle and memories. This short story tells of a woman who visited her old place or when she was a child and looked around with a focused look and then tried to understand from the surroundings by remembering the time when she was here.

"There was the round unsteady one, the pointed one, the flat one in the middle - the safe stone where you could stand and look round"
start the paragraph sentence by using a stone object, signifying a life journey that needs to be passed even though sometimes life is difficult but still have to struggle and walk must not stop, then he sees each stone is diverse, like the economy in someone's life there is poor, simple and rich that is the parable of the paragraph.

"The road was much wider than it used to be but the work had been done carelessly"
He passed that road with a happy memory but different from his thoughts because the road that had been passed was not as beautiful as he had thought, but he was still happy because he still remembered when he went through this road with a bad environment than it was a road that was broken and trampled bushes with a memory.

"The only thing that the sky had was a glassy look that she didn't remember. That was the only word he could think of. Glassy. "
He can not forget all the memories of the past, because the objects seen by the eye are still the same and not everything changes that makes him unable to forget and the memories of memories that should have been forgotten try to recall the memories when he was here. Although there have been changes but the changes are not entirely so that it makes him unable to forget.

"There were two children under the big mango tree, a boy and a little girl, and she waved to them and called 'Hello' but they didn't answer her or turn their heads"
The words he greeted made a question mark, was it true that there was a boy and a little girl or all that was just a hallucination that he had experienced since he returned to visit here, if a hallucination there was a mental illness experienced by the woman caused by memory memories that since he visited many memories that he could not forget because the places and objects that look still the same as he left this village so that too long time to go back to remember it quickly as if he had never left the village. characteristics with the presence of visual stimuli in the form of light rays, broad geometric or panoramic images and the vision complex can be fun or frightening according to stuart (2007)

Thank you
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
Buku
BukuKASKUS Official
7.7KThread4KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.