Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

hahaiyaa.19Avatar border
TS
hahaiyaa.19
Hundreds Joined Walnut The Dog For His Heartbreaking Last Walk On The Beach

Walnut, a whippet from Cornwall, was joined by hundreds of other dogs and their owners for his heartbreaking final walk on the beach before being put down on Saturday.

Last Saturday, the dog’s owner Mark Woods announced on Facebook that 18-year-old Walnut would have to be put down as a result of ill-health.

“Sadly I am having to have Walnut euthanised on Saturday 12th November and so we will be having a last walk together on his beloved Porth Beach at 9.30am,” Woods wrote, inviting other dog owners and lovers to join them.

“He has had an incredible life and having reached the grand age of 18 is ready for his final sleep. Hope to see you on Saturday,” Woods added.
On the day, hundreds of people and their dogs turned out for Walnut’s last walk on the Cornish beach.

Mark Woods says a huge thank you to hundreds of people who turned out to walk with him & Walnut today on their last stroll #walkwithwalnut

Walnut was unable to walk, but was carried by Woods, wrapped in a blanket.

@RuthieeL @EamonnHolmes Thought you'd like to see how #walkwithwalnut went. #walnutslastwalk

After walking to the water’s edge Woods lowered Walnut to the sand and dipped his paw in the sea

Ahead of the walk, Woods told the BBC that Walnut “has got something about him” and that they had been through an “awful lot together”.

After Woods’ initial announcement went viral, he thanked people for being “incredibly supportive” on Facebook. He said that messages had “been beautiful and moving and supportive”.

Dogs and their owners who couldn’t make Saturday’s walk sent messages of solidarity to Walnut.

Róisín Page #Sending love to Mark Woods and his family after sending off Walnut the whippet. Me and Towser are thinking of you #walnutslastwalk

Christine Tacon #walnutslastwalk Thank you for reminding us to appreciate what we have Mark

Following the walk, Woods shared a message on Facebook confirming that Walnut had now died.

Walnut was surrounded by members of Woods’ family, as well as their other three whippets Monty, Nelson and Charlie.

“He went very quickly and in my arms. I am writing this post because I owe it to everyone who has supported myself, my family and most importantly Walnut,” Woods wrote.

Woods wished to thank everyone who had joined him and Walnut on the beach, as well as those who sent messages from around the world.

Wood said that at the vet, “I read out a poem that was sent to me by one of the many well wishers just before Walnut had his last sleep and would love you all to read this as well to remind ourselves just how lucky we are to be alive and to share in the wonderful world that our pets give us.”

Goodbye Walnut, you will not be forgotten.

Milo The Dog #We will walk with you tomorrow from afar Walnut. Lots of Wuffin' love. Wuff. #walkwithwalnut #cornwall #markwoods #dogsoftwitter #whippet

haiyaaa ciilaaka luuwa weelas waaa

RIP Walnut,gone to dog heaven waaa emoticon-rose
Diubah oleh hahaiyaa.19 13-11-2016 07:15
sebelahblogAvatar border
anasabilaAvatar border
anasabila dan sebelahblog memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Komentar yang asik ya
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
Berita Luar Negeri
Berita Luar NegeriKASKUS Official
79.4KThread11.3KAnggota
Urutkan
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Komentar yang asik ya
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.