Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

darkfelix96Avatar border
TS
darkfelix96
PT. FREEPORT INDONESIA (eng)
Agan & aganwati yang terhormat emoticon-Jempol

Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc often called simply Freeport, is one of the world's largest producers of copper and gold. Its headquarters are located in the Freeport Center in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Freeport is the largest publicly traded copper and molybdenum producer in the world. It mines and mills ores containing copper, gold, molybdenum and silver for the world market.

Richard C. Adkerson : President and Chief Executive Officer of Freeport
James R. Moffett : the company's Chairman.

Exploration Company
McMoRan Exploration Company an oil and gas exploration and production firm based in New Orleans, Louisiana, was created in 1998 by the merger of McMoRan Oil & Gas and Freeport-McMoRan Sulphur. In 2008, McMoRan Exploration acquired the Blackbeard offshore prospect in the Gulf of Mexico that Exxon Mobil Corp. Had abandoned in 2006 after drilling a 30,000-foot (9,100 m) dry hole. As of mid-2008, McMoRan Exploration's Blackbeard well reached below 32,550 feet (9,920 m), the deepest oil exploration well ever recorded.

1950s
In 1955, Freeport invested $119 million in constructing a nickel-cobalt mine at Moa Bay. On March 11, 1957 the US government announced a contract to buy Freeport nickel and cobalt from Cuba until June 30, 1965. In July 1957 the House Committee referred charges against Freeport to the Justice Department for investigation. The Castro government nationalized the Cuban facility in 1960.
In 1956, the company formed Freeport Oil Company. It sold a Louisiana oil discovery for $100 million in 1958.

1960s
In 1964 formed Freeport of Australia to pursue mining opportunities there and in the surrounding Pacific Ocean region. In 1960 Freeport geologists confirmed the Dutch discovery of the rich Ertsberg copper and gold deposits, located in extremely rugged, remote country in the Jayawijaya Mountains. In 1966, Freeport founded Freeport Indonesia, Inc. The subsidiary negotiated a contract with the Indonesian government to develop the Ertsberg deposit. In their feasibilty study, Freeport geologists estimated that the orebody totaled 33 million tons averaging 2.5% copper. The Ertsberg was the largest above-ground copper deposit ever discovered.

1970s
In 1971 the company changed its name to Freeport Minerals Company (FMC) to reflect its role as a diversified mineral producer. FMC formed Freeport Gold Company in 1981 to operate a rich new gold discovery at Jerrit Canyon, Nevada.
McMoRan acquired a reputation as an aggressive petroleum explorer with cost-efficient drilling programs. It formed drilling partnerships with several companies, including Freeport. In 1981 Freeport Minerals merged with McMoRan Oil & Gas to form Freeport-McMoRan Inc.
Since 1973, Freeport has operated the world's largest gold mine, located in Indonesia's Papua province.

1980s
In 1982 Freeport Gold Company was the world's largest gold producer, producing 196,000 troy ounces (6,100 kg) of gold in its first full year of operation.
By 1989 Freeport-McMoRan had two world-class mines to develop the new discovery at Grasberg Indonesia, with the world's largest gold ore reserve and one of the world's largest copper reserves; and the Main Pass sulfur-oil-gas deposit offshore from Louisiana, with estimated reserves totalling 67 million tonnes of sulfur, 39 million barrels (6,200,000 m3) of oil. These were rich deposits, but would be very expensive to develop. Freeport sold about $1.5 billion in assets to finance the development of these two projects.

1990s
By 1991, Freeport-McMoRan Inc. was basically a holding company for its two principal assets, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FMCG) and Freeport-McMoRan Resource Partners, which ran the sulphur and fertilizer businesses. Freeport's focus was to raise enough cash to finance the development of the huge finds at Grasberg. There was the second largest recoverable sulphur reserve then known and Grasberg's ore reserves—and profit potential—were truly enormous.
In 1994 Freeport-McMoRan spun off its entire interest in Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, which became an independent company, fully focused on the Indonesian operation.

2000s
The Grasberg mine crown jewel, soon became a source of violent trouble and terrible publicity, that continues today. It is also the world's most profitable mine. The Grasberg mine's tailings "severely impacted" more than 11 square miles (28 km2) of rainforest, according to a 1996 Dames & Moore environmental audit. The report, endorsed by Freeport, also estimates that during the life of the mine 3.2 billion tons of waste rock a great part of which generates acid will be dumped into the local river system. Overburden (waste rock) from the mine has polluted a nearby lake due to acid mine drainage.
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
The Lounge
The LoungeKASKUS Official
923.2KThread83.6KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.