Lainnya

Tentang KASKUS

Pusat Bantuan

Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

• Beranda
  • English
  • How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)

AmbrosianaAvatar border
TS
Ambrosiana
How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Quote:

WELCOME TO MY THREAD

Quote:

I got inspiration to create this thread since several times I received message in my PM, asking about tips to start working as translator. I realized that many Kaskus English Forum citizens have mastered English well, want to have some income from translation, but they just didn’t know how to start.
Here I try to give some tips for you who want to enter translation world.

What is translator?

Quote:

What are the benefits to be Translator?

Quote:

What we need to be a Translator?

Quote:

Now, the important discussion: HOW WE COULD ENTER TRANSLATION MARKET?

Quote:

Ok. That’s all from me. Feel free to PM/VM me to ask about Translator World. I certainly will answer you as far as I knew. Since it’s not the ‘Lounge’ I won’t ask you to give rate or Cendol thing.
I would be glad if some of Advanced Translators whom I proudly met in Kaskus, can give additional tips. If you want to know who are they, you can go to Guild of Translator Thread, since it won’t be polite if I mention their name here.
tata604
tien212700
pakisal212
pakisal212 dan 4 lainnya memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
EnglishKASKUS Official
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Tampilkan semua post
AmbrosianaAvatar border
TS
Ambrosiana
How to Get Full Membership for Translators Cafe (TC Master) for Free!
Behold!
For I will share tips to get free membership for Translators Cafe (www.translatorscafe.com) or we used to call it TC Master membership.

As we know, there are some famous portals for translators to promote their resumes and availability for project. I think the top two for Indonesian translators are ProZ (www.proz.com) and Translators Cafe (www.translatorscafe.com). Joining these two portals will give us huge benefits. In addition of exposing ourselves to International world, we can also use these websites to check the Agencies' (who give us project) history and reputation, enlarge our relationships with other translators and many more.

However, we should lay aside some budget to register into these websites in order to get full membership (surely with a lot advanced features compared with free membership - You can learn the benefits further on the site).
When I write this post, full membership for ProZ is IDR 1,080,000 while full membership for Translators Cafe is IDR 1,200,000..
If you're just similar like me - a person with limited budget, but a huge dream to expand a freelance translator career... Well you should try this tips!

1. Go to [url]www.translatorscafe.com[/url] You should obtain free membership first, so click on Register if you don't have account previously.

Spoiler for Step 1:

2. After you achieved free membership, scroll down on your TC page. You'll find "Help us Translate This Site". Click on it!

Spoiler for Step 2:

3. You'll be directed into page titled "Translators who helped Translate TranslatorsCafe.com". Click on "Send Us a Note".

Spoiler for Step 3:

4. Submit your request. Don't forget to attach your CV since TranslatorsCafe's Admin will verify your CV. Feel free to compose your own cover letter to offer your help in translating for TranslatorsCafe. However, there's already a template for cover letter, so it wouldn't be so difficult for you emoticon-Wink

Spoiler for Step 4:

5. There will be an automatic reply for your request. There's also an email sent to you with a link to confirm.

Spoiler for Step 5:

6. Don't forget to click on confirmation link in your email.

Spoiler for Step 6:

7. There will be a project sent into your account. You will also get a notification in your email. Download the project (commonly consisted on 2000-3000 words with two weeks deadline) and work on it! Please pay attention to the note from Translators Cafe about terms used for the project.

Spoiler for Step 7:

8. After you've done the project, send it back to Translators Cafe and after wait for a while.... Ta daaaa!....

Spoiler for Step 8:

You finally achieve full membership as TC Master!
You deserve to compete for projects offered there according to your language pair and specialties!

Note: After one of my friends try the tips (credits to Gorky), he found a fact that before applying the tips, the applicant should be a member of a Translators Cafe free membership account for about 6 months first. I didn't find such obstacle since actually I'm already a member since 2010, but have just found the tips emoticon-Hammer

If you have any questions related with Translators Cafe, feel free to contact me via PM, SMS, or WhatsApp anytime.
I will try to answer it as far as I can emoticon-Wink
Diubah oleh Ambrosiana 21-07-2013 14:31
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.