Tentang KASKUS

Pusat Bantuan

Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

Alya917Avatar border
TS
Alya917
5 Idioms in English That Related to Music, Beginner Have to Know!

Image source

If you are a music lover or even a music creator, you should know, this is a collection of idioms in English. Because, this idiom has a lot to do with world music. If you like music, it will increase your knowledge in learning idioms. Here are 5 idioms in English related to music! Check them out!

1. Sound your own horn

Literally, the phrase toot your own horn means to sound your own horn. In fact, this expression means that someone is boasting about himself. Example:

1. My father told me to never honk myself.

Meaning, my father advised you not to prepare yourself.

2. Honk your own horn, because I will not ring it for you.

It means, be proud of yourself, because I will not do it for you.

2. Face music

The next idiom is dealing with music, which you can express if in a situation someone has to be served or accepts something that has been done. Examples of use:

1. If you have done something wrong, you have to face the music. There is no escape from it.

That is, if you have made a mistake, but must use. There's no way for you to get away from it.

2. Children break windows while playing and have to listen to music when their parents come home.

That is, children break windows while playing, and they talk when parents accept coming home.

3. It takes two and tango

The next idiom about music is take two and tango. This idiom means something that cannot be done alone. Example:

1. Don't blame me for the argument. It takes two people to tango! You are both responsible.

Meaning, don't blame me for that argument, we're both in the wrong! You also have to share the responsibility.

2. We will never come to an agreement unless we sit down to discuss. It takes two people to tango.

This means that we will never reach an agreement before sitting down to discuss, we need cooperation between.

4. Song Goose

The Idiom swan song can be used when you are in the final stages of completing an activity. Examples of use:

1. His appearance as King Lear will be his Swan Song before retiring.

That is, her performance as King Lea is to be her goose song

2. The novel he finished in 1986 was his goose song.

That is, the novel he finished in 1986, is his last novel.

5. Music to my ears

The last idiom related to music is music to my ears. This idiom is used when you like listening to good news or news, in short, it's nice to hear, like music to your ears. Examples of use:

1. My mother said that we will watch a movie tonight, which has music in my ears!

Meaning, my mom said that we're going to watch a movie tonight, it's so much fun!

2. When my aunt says she's going to make pizza for me at lunch time, it is music to my ears.

Meaning, when my aunt said she was going to make pizza for me at lunch, I was so glad I heard.

Well, 5 idioms in English related to music. Don't forget to use it in context, OK!
Diubah oleh Alya917 13-10-2020 11:39
rahan
rahan memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English Education & Literature
English Education & LiteratureKASKUS Official
1.8KThread1.4KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.