mr.drj17Avatar border
TS
mr.drj17
Literary Appreciation "Hotel Mumbai" A film by Anthony Maras

Quote:

Hotel Mumbai was the first thing I noticed to review. I think that the title of this film was the same genre as Indian films in general, such as Mahabharata, inspector Vijay or other films that are usually preferred the old generation. but after I read the synopsis and some reviews related to this film. I feel interested to watch it, but the question is whether the sensation felt by the reviewers after watching it is the same as what I will feel? let's look further.

The Mumbai hotel film was lifted from a real incident of a terrorist attack in Mumbai city of India in 2008. the film also adapted a documentary film titled "Surviving Mumbai" by Victoria Midwinter Pit. This film certainly gives a sensation of tension throughout the sequence. Thus making the audience encouraged not to miss any action in this film.

Starting the story with a group of terrorists who boarded a boat that was anchored in the city of Mumbai which is dirty and the river is full of garbage. Until finally the terrorists were in a station crowded with humans. Before they plan their actions, they make a telephone conversation with someone unknown (The leader). The terrorists do the action with the leader's direction. Even throughout the action, they were never cut off from the leader's orders.

One of the attractions in this film is the main character Arjun (Dev Patel), he is one of the people who played a major role in saving guests trapped in terrorist attacks at the hotel. One thing that made me touched was when he was banned from working just because he didn't wear shoes. An ironic thing when someone can not comply with company standards just because she/he a lower class employee.

The Mumbai Hotel presents various perspectives, starting from the violence, the contradictions of the upper and lower classes, the misunderstanding of the perspective of belief held by terrorists, the loyalty of employees towards their jobs and bosses, as well as the responsibilities of workers toward their customer. Even the head chef of the Mumbai hotel Mr. Hemant Oberoi (Anupam Kher) tells all his colleagues to treat their guests as God "Remember always, here at the Taj, guest is God"(Mumbai Hotel 16:57). This indicates that the employee is only at the feet of his superiors and must obey all his commands.

This film is probably one of the best I have ever seen, how each scene gives rise to a lot of tense action & impressions inside a hotel hit by a terrorist attack.  I can't imagine if I was really in that condition. My heart beats fast and visualization of this film is so cool and feels real makes me amazed to see it. but it's important to realize that this film is not suitable for children to watch because it contains violence throughout the film.

Diubah oleh mr.drj17 18-09-2019 01:00
runknee
anasabila
Gresta
Gresta dan 5 lainnya memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
The Lounge
The LoungeKASKUS Official
922.9KThread82.9KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.