guiltssAvatar border
TS
guiltss
Throw away your school's lessons
There are plenty of people now days that finally understand the importance of English. Out of the plenty of people, a majority of them are youngsters, usually teenagers or those in their twenties. Although it is not uncommon for older people to want to learn English as well.

I want to teach you guys my little tips in learning English. However, before starting the little tips and tricks, let me introduce a little of my history. I am a 19 years old guy, I used to live in America for 3 years. When I came there I was a little shocked by the English education (I had to take special education class because I didn't speak English at all) What shocked me was the way they teach, I remember quite well that schools in Indonesia only teach tenses, verbs, grammars, etc. But schools in America taught students to read, write, speak, and listen. THEY DID NOT TEACH ME ANY GRAMMARS, TENSES, ETC. Unlike Indonesian schools are obsessed with it.

So here are my tip for you guys:

1. Don't think that by getting good grades in your school you will be able to be good in English. It helps, but it is only 20% of what you need
2. Join online international forums. This will help you on your writing. Fanbase forums, roleplaying forums, and alot of forums out there will strengthen your basics in writing, spelling, and grammar composing will naturally comes to you.
3. READ! read, read, and read. Read online mangas and novels. You can google it and start reading. Don't forget to open http://www.merriam-webster.com/ for dictionary. search for every single words you dont know, it will help you in understanding the story and increasing your vocabs drastically. Do not stop doing this, I still do this all the time.
4. Watch movies. This will help you in real life situations, this will make your listening better. Make sure to use subtitles so you know how words are spelled and to ensure you from mishearing and misspelling words.
5. Speak with alot of people. Now i know this is the hard part, especially in Indonesia where you probably won't have a good partner for speaking. So go to your school, tutors, or people and speak with them. It is even better if you can speak with foreigners(English as mother tongue is preferable to build up your accent)

I may edit and make this a better guide if this helps alot of people emoticon-Smilie
tata604
tata604 memberi reputasi
Thread Digembok
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English Education & Literature
English Education & LiteratureKASKUS Official
1.8KThread1.4KAnggota
Terlama
Thread Digembok
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.