Tentang KASKUS

Pusat Bantuan

Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

vaziraniAvatar border
TS
vazirani
Is "sorry for my bad English" really necessary?
Hi all, can't believe this is my first thread since 2006emoticon-Sundul Gan (S)

Anyway, what do you guys think about the phrase "Sorry for my bad English" found almost everywhere in this EF, or in communication letters?
I used to write this in emails conversation with foreigners when I was at the early stages of learning English communication. But now I feel silly because I believe it's not necessary.

My opinion on this:
- It doesn't really show a good manner, but more of a lack of confidence;
- I never encounter foreigners being sorry for their Bahasa Indonesia. They only say that they knew very little (for the moment), but very proud in their effort in learning Bahasa.
- If you wrote this to a prospective employer, I think it will go straight to junk mail folder. He needs an employee with good English skills, why should hire the one who pinpoint their weakness in their first communication?
- I read an old thread by an American in this EF, he said that most of the English written in the posts are understandable. So no need to apologize.
- Japanese in the other hand, do apologize for their bad English, mainly because their "shame culture", but they genuinely added the words " but I'll do my best"

What do you think?
tata604
tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
EnglishKASKUS Official
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.