Pusat Bantuan

Hubungi Kami

KASKUS Plus

© 2024 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved

iamlAvatar border
TS
iaml
Common Misconceptions in English
Right. So this is my second thread. Yay.

Anyway, I'm going to list a couple of common misconceptions that we have, and why they are, in fact, misconceptions.

1. Grammar is not important
Spoiler for Why it is:

2. I have to use big words as often as I can
Spoiler for Why I don't:

3. This word is the synonym of that, surely I can use it to replace that word?
Spoiler for Why I can't:

4. I can use a dictionary to translate my sentence word-by-word
Spoiler for Why I can't:

5. I know the general meaning of this word, so I'll just use it no matter the context
Spoiler for Why I shouldn't:

I am aware that we are selective listeners/readers. We only read or listen to what we want to read/hear. Now, I'm not making this thread to put anyone on the spot. I'm simply pointing out the mistakes that we often make, and I say we, because I did two of those as well.

I hope this thread is useful in helping you realise your mistakes (if you do any of these) and inspire you to correct yourself, as I have corrected myself. Sometimes you are your own best teacher, so whatever you think and decide after reading this post, it's all up to you.

If there is anything you wish to ask or say regarding this thread, feel free to do so. If you don't want to do it on a public forum post, feel free to PM me.

PS: if you notice anything you've said being used as an example above, it's not done so to offend you. It is purely for the purpose of giving examples, and that is why I have not disclosed the name of the ones saying those

Edit: list updated to include point #5
Diubah oleh iaml 25-06-2013 16:32
tata604
tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
EnglishKASKUS Official
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Urutkan
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.