• Beranda
  • English
  • SHALL OUR COUNTRY PLACE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN A HIGHER STRATA JUST LIKE IN INDIA?

AstraiosAvatar border
TS
Astraios
SHALL OUR COUNTRY PLACE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN A HIGHER STRATA JUST LIKE IN INDIA?
Hello guys,welcome to my thread.I was getting bored with my current life so that I made this thread.Hope u can derive something from it.

ENGLISH AS THE GLOBAL LANGUAGE

English language as we know is a global language. Global language itself, from my point of view, is a language that is used throughout the world in many or maybe every aspect, including politics economics, sciences, advertisements, socials, news, and many more. When we’re going to a foreign country, the least thing to have in order to survive and to communicate with others is to know English language. Africa, Asia, South America, or name every country u want to visit, English language is merely used in there, whether significantly or vice versa, but there must be an English language exists in a country

ENGLISH-AHOLIC IN INDIA

Another thing about English language in this era is this global language is becoming an important requirement for most people to achieve better jobs which of course will lead to a better life. And it’s not just only my assumption. This is what actually happening to one of the most powerful country in Asia, India. This country, as in my opinion, is becoming another powerful tiger in Asia, passing through Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. English language is placing itself as one the most important thing and also plays a significant role for India in achieving its triumph. English Language in India has spread to all corners of this country, from advertisements, shop’s name, product’s name newspapers and even news is already using English. And not only that, the fact is English language has become the most important requirement for Indian in achieving jobs. The hearsay I have heard recently from India is that Indians who doesn’t have a strong background in education but he does master English language will get a better job with better wages comparing with another Indians with Ph.D. or master degree(in here we know it as S2-S3).That is why, English language has become ubiquitous. It is everywhere in India and it has become a second language in there (where the first language is Hindi), even the English language based School is more popular than the native based school. Another fact is many Indian parents are trying to marinate their newly born babies with English language in hope that it will change the mother tongue of the babies. There is even a ritual in India which is developed by Chandra Bhan Prasad, an anthropologist, a sociologist, and yet a dalit(in Indonesia we call it as Paria, the lowest ‘kasta’ in India),stated that every wedding ceremony in which they would sign the letters A, B, C and D on a piece of a paper ,that would be a promise they make that they will teach their children English. Such a great ambition isn’t it?
But the thriving number of the English language users in India is not only bringing good news. There are several issues that are being addressed to English language. The roughest statement is coming from Mumbai’s politician, Raj Thackeray, who in his pugnacious statement, he indirectly stated that the using of English language which increasing exponentially should be stopped because it’s disturbing the existence of Marathi Language (a native language) and he wants that every Indians in Mumbai learn Marathi’s instead of English whereas his children has gone to English based school since several years ago.

IS IT POSSIBLE?

Now, the question I want to ask comes to the possibility to integrate what has been done in India to our country, Indonesia. Is it possible for this country to adopt English as its second language and if it too much, is it possible for Indonesia to create more space for English language to thrive in order to survive in this globalizing world? Or with this more space that maybe given to English language to thrive, Will it damage or replace the using of our native Indonesian language? Should it be done or vice versa?
If u have ur arguments, please share it with me. I’m really looking for urs.

Diubah oleh Astraios 02-12-2012 08:22
tata604
tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
EnglishKASKUS Official
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.