archaengelaAvatar border
TS
archaengela
How to Use English Fluently in Daily Life
Nowadays fluency in English has become a common requirement needed for workers. In business, because of free-trade era has come, proficiency in English currently becomes an advantage. Of course if you would like to pursue higher degree or in business circle that requires formal English, you should learn and take a course. However to be fluent in English for daily use is not so difficult.

Here are four tips I recommend you to improve your English:

1.     Reading.

Spoiler for reading:

I think it is one of the easiest areas in English proficiency. To increase your ability in English reading, read regularly any English material with the subject you like. For me, I love reading novels. So I read English novels frequently.

Probably you will say that, “I don’t understand so many words/vocabulary in what I read.” It is okay. You don’t need to understand all words to comprehend what you read. If you don’t know several words, just skip it. Read a paragraph and try to understand the context of the paragraph. If you can understand what it was written there, you are on the right track.

To add your vocabulary, of course you should memorize the difficult/unfamiliar words you found in your reading. Then find their meaning and memorize them.

2.     Listening.

It is one of English proficiency I find not so easy. So to improve listening ability, here are two ways you can try:

a.     Watch any songs you like.

Spoiler for listening:

Check if you can get all the lyrics. Write on the paper. Then compare what you listened to its lyric. If you have been able to write at least 70% of the whole lyrics, you are improving your listening skill.

b.     Watch any movies you like without subtitle.

Spoiler for listening:

It is very helpful to improve your pronounciation and also adding your vocabulary.

3.     Speaking.

Spoiler for speaking:

To me, it is the most difficult English proficiency. If you have native speaker friends, it will help a lot. Having skype conversation regularly will help you to improve your speaking skill.

4.     Writing.

Spoiler for writing:

It is not difficult for me. However if you find it not so easy, then try to write shortly everyday. For example, you can write in thread ‘Dear Diary’ here, or practice your English by joining the conversation in EF Lounge.

Practice more and more. Soon you will find you are fluent in English.

doctorkelinciAvatar border
tata604Avatar border
JokerDisko666Avatar border
JokerDisko666 dan 5 lainnya memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
English
icon
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.