WayneaAvatar border
TS
Waynea
Love or friendship?
This writing is a reminiscence of my ex-lover. One who I used to love and used to love me. I don't know where she is now and I have no curiosity of her presence. But these words are not meant to describe her or to memorize our loving memory. I only want to let my reader know that she once gave me a hard question. A question that took me more than a month to answer.

That question happened when were still in a relationship. It was about 7 in the evening at that time and we were in a park. The grass was green though naked eyes couldn’t tell due to the absence of the sunlight. There were lots of people as well. But we were in love. The absence or presence of others was not important. We were talking about lots of things. I couldn’t remember what our conversation was about. But I can assure you it’s not about our future.

After a couple of minutes, she finally said it. A question that made me pondered.

“If I asked you to choose between me and your friends, who will you choose?”

That question stroke me. It surprised me and didn’t see it coming. I wanted to answer, but I had no answer. So I decided to give it up. I told her I couldn’t choose. I don’t know.

To my surprise, she answered her own question and her choice disappointed me. Yes, she chose her friends. But I tried to understand and accept the bitter truth. I think she made a logical choice. I was just her boyfriend who had been with her in a small fraction moment of her life. While her friends been with her even before I knew her and one of them even shared a room with her. So yes it’s not a dubious logic. But the question was hanging in me. Longer than my favorite shirt hanging on the hook of my room’s door. The question was not stuck in me, but I was stuck in the question. I didn’t think of it as much as I breathe but there wasn’t any single day without thinking of it.

But a couple of months later, I finally got the answer. It was neither friends nor my girlfriend. I believe good friends or girlfriend will never give that option. There are some moments where we need to be with our friends and there are some moments where we need to be with our girlfriend. We have millions moments in our life. It will be boring and wasteful just to spend them with our couple or our friends. Unfortunately, I couldn’t tell her this because we broke up when I got the answer. I guess I am lucky then because I don't spend my life with one who puts me as her second or third priority. In fact, I am even luckier that I finally got married to a woman who never asks the same question. Have you ever been asked the same question? If yes, what was your answer?

tata604Avatar border
JokerDisko666Avatar border
JokerDisko666 dan tata604 memberi reputasi
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Mari bergabung, dapatkan informasi dan teman baru!
English
EnglishKASKUS Official
3.2KThread2.2KAnggota
Terlama
GuestAvatar border
Tulis komentar menarik atau mention replykgpt untuk ngobrol seru
Ikuti KASKUS di
© 2023 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia. All rights reserved.