Assassin's Creed III - History is Our Playground! [November 2012]
Assassin's Creed III: The Unstoppable Force
"We've seen ACIII in action, and it's looking mighty promising." - IGN
Quote:"Though Assassin's Creed certainly hit its stride in the past few years, each entry felt similar to the last. Despite seeing the full life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze, the fact that three successive games starred the same character introduced a great sense of predictability to the series. Ubisoft is attempting to break that mold with the half-Native American, half-British man known as Connor. As in the case of Ezio, players will see Connor's youth transformed, as his village in Mohawk Valley is destroyed. Much of the game's story focuses on Connor's indoctrination into the Assassin's order, as he attempts to fight for his own beliefs in the midst of an iconic war."
- New enemy types include agile native american foes and burly Scottish men
- The plot covers 35 years of Connors life
- Connors goal in the plot is to save his people and to give his people a place in the future of america.
- A new feature ubisoft is calling stalking zones in where connor can slink into bushes and can move through the foliage, the player can manoeuvre himself around the assassination target and go in for the kill.
- There will be snow patrol of mainly redcoats in horse carriages throughout the frontier.
- Adding on to the snow weather, theres also be rain and fog
- Enemies are also carrying axes( Scotsmen)
- Combat has been completely overhauled allowing the player to assign a weapon in each hand and will alternate the press of the X and Y buttons.
- A new Chinese inspired weapon called the rope dart allows you to string your enemies up like poultry.
- The controls for free running have been simplified that remove the need to hold separate buttons during free running, the A button is drafted in for specific verticle climbing.
- 30 percentage of the missions take place in the frontier
- Frenchman Lafayette is in the game.
- Holding A with RT is now for climbing upwards.
- Citizens have individual roles and routines in the cities.
- 3:1 is the scale of Boston compared to the real city
- The narrative scope of assassins creed 3 is 20% larger than AC2
- The percentage of spoken characters in the game that are based on real historical people is 80%.
- "Assassin's Creed 3 is all but to renew your faith in the series".