alexa-tracking
News
Batal
KATEGORI
link has been copied
KASKUS
5 stars - based on 3 vote 5 stars 0 stars
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/5c4ac5f5a72768578f007463/how-to-use-english-fluently-in-daily-life
Lapor Hansip
25-01-2019 15:16
How to Use English Fluently in Daily Life
Nowadays fluency in English has become a common requirement needed for workers. In business, because of free-trade era has come, proficiency in English currently becomes an advantage. Of course if you would like to pursue higher degree or in business circle that requires formal English, you should learn and take a course. However to be fluent in English for daily use is not so difficult.

Here are four tips I recommend you to improve your English:

1.     Reading.

reading

I think it is one of the easiest areas in English proficiency. To increase your ability in English reading, read regularly any English material with the subject you like. For me, I love reading novels. So I read English novels frequently.

Probably you will say that, “I don’t understand so many words/vocabulary in what I read.” It is okay. You don’t need to understand all words to comprehend what you read. If you don’t know several words, just skip it. Read a paragraph and try to understand the context of the paragraph. If you can understand what it was written there, you are on the right track.

To add your vocabulary, of course you should memorize the difficult/unfamiliar words you found in your reading. Then find their meaning and memorize them.

2.     Listening.

It is one of English proficiency I find not so easy. So to improve listening ability, here are two ways you can try:

a.     Watch any songs you like.

listening

Check if you can get all the lyrics. Write on the paper. Then compare what you listened to its lyric. If you have been able to write at least 70% of the whole lyrics, you are improving your listening skill.

b.     Watch any movies you like without subtitle.

listening

It is very helpful to improve your pronounciation and also adding your vocabulary.

3.     Speaking.

speaking

To me, it is the most difficult English proficiency. If you have native speaker friends, it will help a lot. Having skype conversation regularly will help you to improve your speaking skill.

4.     Writing.

writing

It is not difficult for me. However if you find it not so easy, then try to write shortly everyday. For example, you can write in thread ‘Dear Diary’ here, or practice your English by joining the conversation in EF Lounge.

Practice more and more. Soon you will find you are fluent in English.

Beri apresiasi terhadap thread ini Gan!
Tampilkan isi Thread
Halaman 2 dari 2
27-01-2019 23:32
The one most effective on me was playing mmorpg game, besides learning some new cursing words i can improving my english there and ask them kindly to correct my grammar if i was wrong...emoticon-Embarrassment

Anyway im new on this forum emoticon-Embarrassment
Diubah oleh gagoblokgabener
profile-picture
archaengela memberi reputasi
28-01-2019 01:47
Nice thread gan emoticon-Recommended Seller
I also often hang out, chat with Westerner to find out more about their formal and slang languages emoticon-Jempol
profile-picture
28-01-2019 09:20
Quote:Original Posted By gagoblokgabener
The one most effective on me was playing mmorpg game, besides learning some new cursing words i can improving my english there and ask them kindly to correct my grammar if i was wrong...emoticon-Embarrassment

Anyway im new on this forum emoticon-Embarrassment

LOL! Cursing is not something you truly need in daily conversation emoticon-Ngakak (S) Welcome to EF!

Quote:Original Posted By theyoungblood68
Nice thread gan emoticon-Recommended Seller
I also often hang out, chat with Westerner to find out more about their formal and slang languages emoticon-Jempol

Thanks, Gan emoticon-Big Grin good for you! Slang languages are difficult for me, especially if they talk fast.
30-01-2019 17:28
I don't like fluently gan ...

When I got fluently, my head is dizzy and my nose is runny ...

So I don't like fluently ....

more decolgen after that makes me sleepy ...

emoticon-Angkat Beer
profile-picture
30-01-2019 20:29
Quote:Original Posted By rahan

emoticon-Angkat Beer

Influenza, Gan. emoticon-Embarrassment
profile-picture
Lihat 2 balasan
Lapor Hansip
30-01-2019 21:09
Balasan post Fadel999
Quote:Original Posted By Fadel999

Influenza, Gan. emoticon-Embarrassment

Today should be the last day of this tag gan. After that, our chat will look like two generals plotting for coup'd'etat ... hahahaha
Diubah oleh rahan
profile-picture
25-06-2019 21:28
sometime listening isn't easy like your expectation especially if you hear an accent
profile-picture
Lapor Hansip
03-07-2019 02:29
Balasan post Sjofn
Poor pronunciation and inability to use the spoken word are products of poor training and a lack of confidence, the latter usually being caused by the former.
profile-picture
04-07-2019 12:55
Video games! Especially the ones that is dialogue heavy like games from GTA series.
profile-picture
04-07-2019 22:50
Quote:Original Posted By rahan

emoticon-Angkat Beer

Hopefully you have been better emoticon-Big Grin

Quote:Original Posted By wanbillion
sometime listening isn't easy like your expectation especially if you hear an accent

True!

Quote:Original Posted By indofred
Poor pronunciation and inability to use the spoken word are products of poor training and a lack of confidence, the latter usually being caused by the former.

Poor training/exercise, I think it give the highest contribution. Lack of confidence, not so much. For my case, internet speed is sometimes the problem too.

Quote:Original Posted By bayusumardi
Video games! Especially the ones that is dialogue heavy like games from GTA series.

Great idea! It is very good alternative for gamers.
Lapor Hansip
29-08-2019 17:26
Balasan post Fadel999
Wow, Reddington? Are you Blacklist's fan? emoticon-Matabelo
29-08-2019 17:36
Quote:Original Posted By archaengela
Wow, Reddington? Are you Blacklist's fan? emoticon-Matabelo

Guilty as charged. Haha.

Raymond Reddington is my most favourite fictional character of all time.
profile-picture
Lihat 1 balasan
Lapor Hansip
29-08-2019 17:39
Balasan post Fadel999

Guilty as charged. Haha.

Raymond Reddington is my most favourite fictional character of all time.

I like Blacklist too! It is one of the most interesting antagonistic character movies I love LOL!
profile-picture
Fadel999 memberi reputasi
29-08-2019 18:51
Quote:Original Posted By archaengela
I like Blacklist too! It is one of the most interesting antagonistic character movies I love LOL!

For me Lizzie is the antagonist one. emoticon-Shutup

Fyi, the 7th season will be aired on Oct 4th. Can’t wait.
emoticon-Cool

profile-picture
Lihat 1 balasan
Lapor Hansip
29-08-2019 20:59
Balasan post Fadel999

For me Lizzie is the antagonist one. emoticon-Shutup

Fyi, the 7th season will be aired on Oct 4th. Can’t wait.
emoticon-Cool

LOL!! I dislike her after watching season 6. Not watching continuously, but starting again on season 6.

I read the review that Reddington was ill. Will he die? Poor Raymond. The prison episode is epic! I love his style when bring down a prisoner's domineering. Also when the one whom he wanted the music player finally gave it to him as a tribute. Priceless to see it emoticon-Ngakak (S)
29-08-2019 21:25
Playing video game
profile-picture
Lihat 1 balasan
Lapor Hansip
30-08-2019 09:12
Balasan post kucingkampung97
Quote:Original Posted By kucingkampung97
Playing video game

Yes, video game is good idea to learn English emoticon-Big Grin

Lapor Hansip
04-09-2019 13:48
Balasan post Sjofn
Some people are good with the sensory input and some are good with their sensory output, it is normal. But we can definitely practice it everyday to be better. Just find what you like that can help you do it everyday. For me personally, I like to repeat all the elegant accent in the movie/series and try it myself until it is perfect and im confident to use it. Later, I am more eager to speak because I know I can do it well already
profile-picture
profile-picture
gagoblokgabener dan archaengela memberi reputasi
13-09-2019 08:44
i think if you want to speak english fluently

you should start to speak english , thinking in english rather than reading and listening to song

learning by doing
Halaman 2 dari 2
icon-hot-thread
Hot Threads
icon-jualbeli
Jual Beli
© 2019 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia.
All rights reserved.