link has been copied
KASKUS
5 stars - based on 7 vote 5 stars 0 stars
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/5aa96b32c1d770e77f8b4567/is-kaskus-going-to-die
Lapor Hansip
15-03-2018 01:34
Is Kaskus Going to Die?
Introduction

Quote:This is my first thread after a long time I'm not making any. Also this is my first thread in English forum. So basically this is my opinion regarding my concern about Kaskus popularity. The benchmark I use here is internet traffic, and of course my 8 years experience in Kaskus forumemoticon-Cool. Okay, without further ado, let's go to the content

Existing Condition
As you can see yourself, the amount of thread being watched or replied is very low. How could that happen? Well, believe it or not the popularity of Kaskus has been plummeted compared to even 8-9 years ago. The Lounge, main forum in Kaskus is not that "crowded". If the main forum is not crowded than how can you expect the others to be crowded? Especially this forum, English forum. Even though back then this forum is already deserted, now this forum condition is even worse. But there's one improvement to this forum, at least the amount of thread about english course ads is very low (either it's because the low traffic or the moderators has been active again. It's a good improvement nonetheless).
spoiler

How It Used To Be
In 2009 when the domain is still .us until Kaskus is very popular the server broke down several times due to over posting. This was handled by adding captcha (capcay) every time you try to post. But still that didn't solve the issue. Over posting still happened all the time. Although over posting may be due to capacity of server that can't handle the post but still this shows us how popular it is back then.

In 2012 there's a big event, kaskus is getting redesigned there's a time when you can get an invitation to try kaskus beta (basically this kaskus version is what you see today). Then after getting feedback and the design is pretty much done, kaskus migrated  from kaskus.co.id to kaskus.co.id. I think this migration is a big news that bring people to ngaskus. What I hate from this new kaskus design is you can't personalise your profile page emoticon-Frown, for me,  I don't feel the exclusivity anymore (the only one way to feel exclusive is through kaskus donatemoticon-Big Grin). Back then, quick reply is only for donator or what you call today a premium user.

Efforts Made
Striving for its traffic, kaskus made several efforts. Kaskus made so many events back then, and even more now. Kaskus also made new forums and subforums and also made a media partnership with many companies. Kaskus also make quick reply available for everyone and the captcha had been taken out. Kaskus redesigned FJB and make many promotions to attract seller and buyer because online shopping platform is so many these days. And now, there's this thing called Kreator.
In my opinion, Kreator is a desperate attempt to gain traffic and popularity. Why? Because Kaskus basically pays you to be a content creator. This is actually not wrong because many websites that provides articles and news also do this (you can be their contributor if you want to).

Conclusion
Kaskus is already "playing" in this area (online forum, community based) for almost 19 years. This is actually an achievement for Kaskus as no Indonesian forum stayed this long. But that also forces Kaskus to make a new innovation in order to keep this site going. If those innovations fail, then Kaskus is going to die for sure. What keep it from dying? We are. So keep posting, and keep ngaskus guys! emoticon-Kaskus Lovers:emoticon-I Love Kaskus

Quote:Sources
https://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/ID
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/kaskus.co.id
https://bantuan.kaskus.co.id/hc/id/a...Sejarah-KASKUS

Diubah oleh Yggdrasilmaniac
profile-picture
sendhaljepit memberi reputasi
Beri apresiasi terhadap thread ini Gan!
Tampilkan isi Thread
Halaman 7 dari 7
08-06-2019 09:21

Quote:Original Posted By vidavacia
wow, kaskus has definitely quieted down compared to the last time i was still active here (approx. 5-6 years ago). it's sad. but changes are always inevitable.

Thanos approves
09-06-2019 08:32
but what do you do with the least of us?

we throw them to hell of course they're worthless
09-06-2019 08:33
motherfucker how do they even dare to think
09-06-2019 15:21
Is there active discord here ? Im newbie willing to learn english as far as possible (especially in listening n speaking)
21-06-2019 09:44
I want to be there. When Kaskus die, i want to be on her side, when she's layying on her death bed. And then calmly whispers lullaby and good night song. And goodbye kiss.
profile-picture
online.addict memberi reputasi
24-06-2019 12:38

Quote:Original Posted By pegawai.tampan
I want to be there. When Kaskus die, i want to be on her side, when she's layying on her death bed. And then calmly whispers lullaby and good night song. And goodbye kiss.

This is the sweetest thing ever said towards KasKus that I’ve ever read.

If Kaskus was a female person, she’d be melting alright.

emoticon-Matabelo

04-07-2019 12:51
Quote:Original Posted By causechooser
Is there active discord here ? Im newbie willing to learn english as far as possible (especially in listening n speaking)

We could make one if we could, especially considering the free mass voice chat feature served by that software.

But I really doubt everyone in EF has or willing to have a discord account :/
04-07-2019 12:51
Quote:Original Posted By pegawai.tampan

This is art.
And should be kept.
04-07-2019 13:03
Quote:Original Posted By bayusumardi
We could make one if we could, especially considering the free mass voice chat feature served by that software.

But I really doubt everyone in EF has or willing to have a discord account :/

Just do it mate n people will recognize about dat new sosmed then struggle to follow ur steps emoticon-Toast
22-07-2019 11:39
i wished it'll stay exist and popular for the long run! emoticon-Berduka (S)

as an old user (my other ID was registered since 2008, but i forgot the password, and the yahoo email that was connected with it was neglected emoticon-Ngakak (S)), i totally feel You! One of my older threads were viewed by 120.000+ users, got 1300 comments and 700+ shares. The engagement in those days (before 2014) were great. The difficulty to earn (and give) cendol was also higher, so it made us consistently login to kaskus. Nowadays, they're all below 10.000 viewers and less comments in one thread, even though i put more efforts both in writing and sharing it in more social medias. Contests is also held more often back then. Some celebrities like Igor Saykoji and Abu Marlo were also highly participated back then. And this English forum were so active. how i missed it! emoticon-Mewek
22-07-2019 13:55
Quote:Original Posted By online.addict
i wished it'll stay exist and popular for the long run! emoticon-Berduka (S)

as an old user (my other ID was registered since 2008, but i forgot the password, and the yahoo email that was connected with it was neglected emoticon-Ngakak (S)), i totally feel You! One of my older threads were viewed by 120.000+ users, got 1300 comments and 700+ shares. The engagement in those days (before 2014) were great. The difficulty to earn (and give) cendol was also higher, so it made us consistently login to kaskus. Nowadays, they're all below 10.000 viewers and less comments in one thread, even though i put more efforts both in writing and sharing it in more social medias. Contests is also held more often back then. Some celebrities like Igor Saykoji and Abu Marlo were also highly participated back then. And this English forum were so active. how i missed it! emoticon-Mewek

What's the reason behind your comeback now, if you don't mind me asking?
22-07-2019 15:04
Quote:Original Posted By Fadel999

guess i just bored emoticon-Ngakak (S)
not much work to do recently hahaha
25-07-2019 15:44

Wow

Mod,you're still as active as ever

I guess some people never change :amazed
25-07-2019 15:49
Quote:Original Posted By ms0
Wow

Mod,you're still as active as ever

I guess some people never change :amazed

Well, I dont have Insta-whatever- so I hang out on this platform.

Were you a regular member here before?

25-07-2019 15:55
Well, I dont have Insta-whatever- so I hang out on this platform.

Were you a regular member here before?

No,i was a junker in the lounge

My old friend used to be an enthu here,so i came here occasionally to chit chat

But i still remember you emoticon-Shakehand2
25-07-2019 16:01
No,i was a junker in the lounge

My old friend used to be an enthu here,so i came here occasionally to chit chat

But i still remember you emoticon-Shakehand2

Really? Who that might be? Ah, I am sorry to have not recalled anything here..
Diubah oleh Fadel999
25-07-2019 18:12
Really? Who that might be? Ah, I am sorry to have not recalled anything here..

I believe her name is goonerette

I will come here again when i have time
See u again mod emoticon-Smilie
Diubah oleh ms0
25-07-2019 18:57
I believe her name is goonerette

I will come here again when i have time
See u again mod emoticon-Smilie

Ah, Gogonn..

Sure, see you around mate.
Halaman 7 dari 7
icon-hot-thread
Hot Threads
icon-jualbeli
Jual Beli
© 2019 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia.
All rights reserved.