alexa-tracking
News
Batal
KATEGORI
link has been copied
KASKUS
5 stars - based on 5 vote 5 stars 0 stars
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/5c5ac622af7e935d523f9c88/english-forum-home-lounge--refreshing-for-the-better-you
Lapor Hansip
06-02-2019 18:33
ENGLISH FORUM HOME LOUNGE | REFRESHING FOR THE BETTER YOU!
Salutation fellas! emoticon-Siap Gan

It is wonderful in EFor if we can establish a tradition where our Lounge collapse just in the same time as the new year or so, say an annual collapse. Within the new year approaches, we expect the better of ourselves. I truly hope that this Lounge can reflect the change that we'd all like to obtain for our future.

Without further ado, here's EFor new Lounge for this year and of course in the hope for better you!

ENGLISH FORUM HOME LOUNGE | REFRESHING FOR THE BETTER YOU!

You can change but home stays all the same!

emoticon-Cool

I would like to emphasize that you may post whatever needs posted here as long as:

• YOU USE ENGLISH HERE. THIS FORUM IS NOT NAMED ENGLISH FORUM FOR NO REASONS. The point is to practice English here, so do it. Don't hesitate since everyone has their own level of fluency
  • YOU RESPECT FELLOW EFORS. It is somehow a habit for Indonesian people to use English profanities when they know some. You think you look cool? Not at all. The use of extreme profanities is strictly forbidden here in EFor. SAME GOES TO SARA!
  • YOU DO NOT JUNK EXCESSIVELY. Please no more than 3 posts in a row. I know I have loosened up the rule in Lounge a bit. But, that does not necessarily mean I would like to proliferate junks here. Post duly.
  • LAST BUT NOT LEAST. YOU ENJOY IT LIKE A HOME OF YOURS emoticon-Angkat Beer

Quote:For specific English Grammar questions, translation (English to Bahasa and vice versa), and English writing. Please head to either of the following threads to get help:
- All about Grammar and Tenses - The correct way to say/use... Ask it here
- Translation thread request English<->Indonesia. ONLY HERE!
- Improve your writing, get it revised by others!

emoticon-nyantai

profile-picture
chris.p.duck memberi reputasi
Beri apresiasi terhadap thread ini Gan!
Tampilkan isi Thread
Halaman 66 dari 90
Lapor Hansip
26-06-2019 23:37
Balasan post indofred
Quote:Original Posted By indofred

I'm from a place known as Barnsley in England, a sort of prehistoric cave where we use Elizabethan pronouns, pronounce vowels in a way that makes people think we have a cold, and eat mushy peas.

Tis an honor sire,
For this simpleton would crestfallen upon presenting me hometown, 'twas small village called Houston, somewhere in the state of Republica de Texas.

Well ain't it dang grand to speak to one of them redcoats y'all? emoticon-Smilie
Lapor Hansip
26-06-2019 23:46
Balasan post wanbillion
Quote:Original Posted By wanbillion
why American and British have different accent ? Can they know each other ? ( Please correction my word if there is a mistake )

Funny I must say buddy bro....
It's all about simplicity. We americans have tendencies to shoot them wordings without much remorse. hahaha....

Now dig this bud.

Diubah oleh TheTick
profile-picture
wanbillion memberi reputasi
Lapor Hansip
27-06-2019 04:53
Balasan post TheTick
Damned colonials emoticon-Big Grin
Lapor Hansip
27-06-2019 04:57
Balasan post TheTick
Perhaps the best way to compare American and British English would be to compare videos. This typically English chap has a bash at performing a sonnet (A small work by another English chap we know as the Bard of Avon, William Shakespeare).
He didn't do too badly for a beginner.

Diubah oleh indofred
profile-picture
kikisapsal memberi reputasi
27-06-2019 05:23
Quote:Original Posted By TheTick

Tis an honor sire,

An English gentleman would change that a little.

'Tis and honour, Sire.

Posters might notice a U where there was none, and a subtle changes in punctuation.

US English is far more relaxed so commonly easier for ESL students. However, as Stephen Fry so elegantly suggested, "A cut glass English accent can fool unsuspecting Americans into detecting a "brilliance that isn't there", thus I generally recommend practising a smooth English accent.
One cannot enter the right social circles unless one is prepared properly, that preparation including correct use of Her Majesty's English.
A young gentleman wishing to do well in life should stand out from the madding crowd, so careful employment of our post-Norman tongue is essential.
Lihat 1 balasan
27-06-2019 20:41
“To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life”

- Ludwig Wittgenstein -
Lapor Hansip
29-06-2019 10:00
Balasan post indofred

An English gentleman would change that a little.

'Tis and honour, Sire.

Posters might notice a U where there was none, and a subtle changes in punctuation.

US English is far more relaxed so commonly easier for ESL students. However, as Stephen Fry so elegantly suggested, "A cut glass English accent can fool unsuspecting Americans into detecting a "brilliance that isn't there", thus I generally recommend practising a smooth English accent.
One cannot enter the right social circles unless one is prepared properly, that preparation including correct use of Her Majesty's English.
A young gentleman wishing to do well in life should stand out from the madding crowd, so careful employment of our post-Norman tongue is essential.

It's wording of a Texan bud. We tend to discount a tad.
Our old Appalachian still has resemblances on an old English but with a local predicament. LOL.

profile-picture
indofred memberi reputasi
29-06-2019 10:17
Haven't been around on kaskus for few years now
Hi Kaskusers,

Been away from this website for few years now, used to have several IDs to bump my jual-beli thread.

Well, this morning my mind wandered, I don't know whom to share my thought with, so I think I just write it out here and who cares...

Anyway, I read things about fintech earlier this morning, you know the cryptocurrency, payment apps, peer to peer landing and such

Well, I do think that the world is digitizing now, many things are now done in bits. We replace letters with e-mail. Using less pen nowadays - although I do jolt down some reminders on book, easier to remember when I use the pen than typing it.

Back to what I read about the fintech. It crossed my mind on how to replace money papers with digital things (well, money is just paper with digits written on it, and it's the digit that matters, not the paper). Although I don't believe in Bitcoin (as it doesn't have any regulators, don't know what backs up the currency) - I believe in the technology (BLOCKCHAIN).

For those who don't understand what BLOCKCHAIN is, please google it, it may take several time of readings and watching youtube before we have some grasp of what BLOCKCHAIN is.

All of the things I heard when I was kid (surprisingly from my religion teacher during my elementary days at a christian school) - seems to be coming true now. Some things are the devil will make world unites, and human will be planted with chip. The world seems to be with less barrier - it is converging on the internet. And electronic ID is a form of chip, it just takes some time before the chip is being planted in human, maybe the wait on technology how to plant the chip inside human - like gluing on the skin? And maybe in my grandchildren's era, the government is replaced by Artificial Intelligence. The sci-fi movies with some talking screen as the eyes of human seems to becoming available soon (early stage is replacing bank tellers with machines).

I should stop my mind before it goes to far. Back to the thought crossed my mind that I wanted to share. I believe in BLOCKCHAIN. and the central bank must start with BLOCKCHAIN to digitizing the currency. It's like chicken or egg first. Well, central banks must start with the technology first. From there, it goes to others like the printed money - the printed money itself is representation of the digitalize money (it should represent the money on the BLOCKCHAIN - say like encrypted QR code etc - can be verified using certain app issues by the bank, it goes down to the security of the printed money). And the apps can be used to claim the printed money (thus when the printed money is stolen, the money is locked by the server, recepient of the locked money - if the recepient of the money verifies the ownership of the serial number [encrypted QR code] first). 

So, it's about encrypted QR code on printed on paper money, the technology to control the circulation of the money, and security of the money itself.

It's just some imagination.

-Harry

01-07-2019 01:02
@kikisapsal come here and ask what you want to know
01-07-2019 02:33
Quote:Original Posted By Fadel999
“To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life”

- Ludwig Wittgenstein -

is that the crazy philosopher mod? emoticon-Mad
01-07-2019 04:43
More like a mod using an aphorism, but still a valid point.

Another thing about most Indonesian language training is teachers miss out on cultural reference, the aphorism quoted suggesting (rightly) the two should be considered a pair.

01-07-2019 13:32

More like a mod using an aphorism, but still a valid point.

Another thing about most Indonesian language training is teachers miss out on cultural reference, the aphorism quoted suggesting (rightly) the two should be considered a pair.

Yeah, aphorism. I like those, haha. emoticon-Cool

01-07-2019 13:39

Quote:Original Posted By uang5ratus
is that the crazy philosopher mod? emoticon-Mad

It is not in my understanding to have known Mr. Wittgenstein as a madman. emoticon-Bingung (S)
02-07-2019 01:12

Hey guys. Long time no see. emoticon-angel

How are you lot doing? Using y'all is too mainstream. emoticon-Ngakak (S)

04-07-2019 06:25
Morning emoticon-nyantai
04-07-2019 12:48
Afternoon. How are you people doing?
Been a long time since we met.

I'm currently learning the Polish language. Structurally it's similar to other slavic language (close to Czech language.) Alot of the alphabets were similar sounding to regular Indonesian alphabets except for special ones like Ł, Cz, Sz, and Ę.
04-07-2019 20:06

Quote:Original Posted By bayusumardi

I'm currently learning the Polish language. Structurally it's similar to other slavic language (close to Czech language.) Alot of the alphabets were similar sounding to regular Indonesian alphabets except for special ones like Ł, Cz, Sz, and Ę.

Is it difficult to pronounce? emoticon-Bingung (S)
05-07-2019 08:59
New improvements made by KasApp!

To whom you reply the post (not quote) is now seen and also you can see if a poster has edited his post. Both of which do not exist on previous updates. It’s getting almost perfect now for a forum-based app. The only thing missing on app is mod tools. Now if that’s realized, it can be perfect.

Thought everyone should know this.
emoticon-Recommended Seller
Diubah oleh Fadel999
Lihat 2 balasan
05-07-2019 10:59
Quote:Original Posted By bayusumardi

Hallo.
Ł, Cz, Sz, and Ę are there similarities between Polish and German language?

Quote:Original Posted By Fadel999

Is it difficult to pronounce? emoticon-Bingung (S)

It's more Difficult than leaving her alone emoticon-Busa
What have you been busy with? emoticon-Big Grin
Diubah oleh awalaja
Lapor Hansip
05-07-2019 11:02
Balasan post ayiksanta
Quote:Original Posted By ayiksanta

morning too mod fany.....:kangen

Here I am..waiting emoticon-Malu (S)
Halaman 66 dari 90
icon-hot-thread
Hot Threads
icon-jualbeli
Jual Beli
© 2019 KASKUS, PT Darta Media Indonesia.
All rights reserved.