News
Pencarian Tidak Ditemukan
KOMUNITAS
link has been copied
Informasi! Kaskus Update Fitur Baru! Intip di Sini!
KASKUS
https://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/000000000000000012789110/qualifications-ibt-pbt-toefl-amp-ieltsall-related-english-courses-in-indonesia-tips
TRY TO HELP THIS THREAD KEEP ALIVE BY GIVING 5 STARS!! THANKS DUDE! Please also refer to this previous thread See http://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=5021642 Credit to fellow kaskusers who have fully supported the former thread to share their experience and knowledge about TOEFL and IELTS: 1. loc 2. Ivandjaw 3. Rahan 4. Tonnyc BE THE FUTURE EDUCATED PERSON WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARD TRY YOUR
Lapor Hansip
28-01-2012 12:12

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

TRY TO HELP THIS THREAD KEEP ALIVE BY GIVING 5 STARS!! THANKS DUDE!
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Please also refer to this previous thread

See http://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=5021642

Credit to fellow kaskusers who have fully supported the former thread to share their experience and knowledge about TOEFL and IELTS:
1. loc
2. Ivandjaw
3. Rahan
4. Tonnyc

BE THE FUTURE EDUCATED PERSON WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARD

Quote:
WARNING!! THIS THREAD IS MAINLY INTENDED EITHER FAR FROM CERTAIN INSTITUTION PROMOTION OR YOUR COMPLAINTS ABOUT SPECIFIC ENGLISH COURSES. ANY DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR, IMPOLITE POSTS, AS WELL AS NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO DISCREDIT SOME ENGLISH COURSES ARE OPEN TO BE OFFICIALLY REPORTED ONTO EF MODERATORS.

WHY?? SIMPLE!

Quote:Original Posted By Evangeline
well, I hate to ruin all the fun here but is it proper to talk shit about some institutions like this? IDTS!

English schools aren't exactly a magic school which can put jinxes so that the students can master English instantly in like, 24 hours... so wherever and whatever the institution is, you can always improve as long as you have the desire to study

Quote:Also, any questions regarding place of nearest TOEFL Prep Course in your city should be posted here!

Here we can share and discuss all things about TOEFL (Both Paper Based Test-PBT and the Internet Based Test-iBT) and IELTS and also where to take the test/preparation course in all Indonesia. If you have tips or experience, please feel free to share with others at anytimeemoticon-Shakehand2

Quote:
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAPER-BASED TOEFL)

1. Who Accepts TOEFL PBT Scores?

Here are some institutions which still accept the PBT format

2. What Is the TOEFL PBT Test?

The TOEFL PBT Test is a paper-based test that measures your ability of short-task listening (50 numbers), structure/grammar (40 numbers), reading comprehension (50 numbers), and also Test of Written English (TWE). TWE is a 30-minute writing test required of everyone who takes the TOEFL PBT test. You will be asked to write a short essay on one topic from your TWE test book to show your ability to: generate and organize ideas, support ideas in writing with examples or evidence, and use standard written English formats

3. What am I tested on in each section?

Listening Comprehension measures the ability to understand spoken English.
Structure and Written Expression measures the ability to recognize language appropriate for standard written English.
Reading Comprehension measures the ability to understand non-technical reading material.
The TWE test measures the ability to write in English on an assigned topic.

4. Are all the questions multiple-choice?

Most of the questions are multiple-choice.

5. Do I have to take the TWE® test?

Yes. You have to take the TWE test if you are taking the TOEFL PBT. There is no additional charge for the TWE test.

6. If I am running out of time, should I guess or leave some answers blank?

*Make every effort to complete each section. Data indicate most test takers get higher scores if they finish the test.
*There is a chance that random guessing at the end of a section can seriously lower scores. The best strategy is to pace yourself so you have enough time to consider each question without guessing.

7. Where and When Can I Take the Paper-based Test?
The TOEFL Paper-based Test (PBT) is offered six times a year. However, the official Indonesia ETS TOEFL PBT Test Centers are not available. The closest PBT TOEFL Test Center from Indonesia is only Papua New Guinea.

8. What Does PBT-TOEFL Cost?
The cost of the TOEFL PBT test is US$160. For information on registration, fees, test dates, locations and test formats, select the test location first to be sure the paper-based test is the right one for you.

Am I good at English grammar for my TOEFL or not? Try this exercise first before taking the official iBT TOEFL emoticon-Big Grin

Let's Test our Grammar
Diubah oleh KLanese
profile-picture
profile-picture
tata604 dan Bobob911 memberi reputasi
Tampilkan isi Thread
Masuk untuk memberikan balasan
english-education--literature
English Education & Literature
618 Anggota • 1.6K Threads
Halaman 39 dari 54
21-12-2014 20:59
Quote:Original Posted By Astraios

There is this application which is called bittorrent or any other torrent-downloaders that are basically working in the same way. Get the torrent by typing the title of ur desired books (IELTS, kaplan, longman, etc) via kickass, piratebay, or any other sites then it will be automatically downloaded via those apps.

I know it's totally against the law and it is practically illegal but I guess there is someone out there who is willing to learn but unfortunately can't afford those seemingly expensive books to boost their abilities in English ergo use it wisely and only use it for urself. Also do not attempt to commercialize it in any forms. emoticon-Big Grin

Oh i forgot. Yeah torrent is the solution. Thanks for the clue ^^.
0 0
21-12-2014 21:26
Quote:Original Posted By .blackcat.

Oh i forgot. Yeah torrent is the solution. Thanks for the clue ^^.

My pleasure. I guess torrent has become the sole answer for every questions nowadays.

Anw, enjoy the learning process and good luck, mate. emoticon-Big Grin
0 0
23-12-2014 07:46
Quote:Original Posted By Astraios

My pleasure. I guess torrent has become the sole answer for every questions nowadays.

Anw, enjoy the learning process and good luck, mate. emoticon-Big Grin

Yeah . Its true

Okay thank you
I will prepare for my ielts test
Good luck for you too
0 0
23-12-2014 13:47
Hello there mate.
Wanna ask you something..
is there any institution in jakarta that held ITP TOEFL test for single client?
I mean, most of the institution usually held the test for group of people (min 10), if i wanna take the test individually (ITP Toefl test), to where i have to go?
Thanks a ton!
0 0
23-12-2014 13:54
Quote:Original Posted By purbandre91
Hello there mate.
Wanna ask you something..
is there any institution in jakarta that held ITP TOEFL test for single client?
I mean, most of the institution usually held the test for group of people (min 10), if i wanna take the test individually (ITP Toefl test), to where i have to go?
Thanks a ton!

Yeah, it means that you just need to wait until there are enough people to take the test. Try the one institution that has been holding the test for a while, it won't take long before the quota is filled in such institution.

This is business and to run well business will need certain amount of money to proceed, so I'm afraid the final answer is just like that.

try here: http://utc-usg.com/473-toefl-itp
0 0
23-12-2014 14:03
Quote:Original Posted By rahan

Yeah, it means that you just need to wait until there are enough people to take the test. Try the one institution that has been holding the test for a while, it won't take long before the quota is filled in such institution.

This is business and to run well business will need certain amount of money to proceed, so I'm afraid the final answer is just like that.

try here: http://utc-usg.com/473-toefl-itp

So, you mean there is no chance to take the ITP test individually?

0 0
23-12-2014 14:15

So, you mean there is no chance to take the ITP test individually?

why does it have to be individually? I mean what is the main reason of your objection to take it with other people.

of course you do it with other people in a room but that's how it's always been done ... but you do your own test .. so that's pretty much an individual work .. nobody will disturb you during the exam.

yeah, I'm afraid there isn't a chance, not that I know of ..
0 0
23-12-2014 14:23

why does it have to be individually? I mean what is the main reason of your objection to take it with other people.

of course you do it with other people in a room but that's how it's always been done ... but you do your own test .. so that's pretty much an individual work .. nobody will disturb you during the exam.

yeah, I'm afraid there isn't a chance, not that I know of ..

Lets say i'm in hurry, there is no time to wait for other people (it is my mistake of course). =[
To make it simple, is there any ITP test will be held in Jakarta on 2-4 January?
0 0
23-12-2014 14:40

Lets say i'm in hurry, there is no time to wait for other people (it is my mistake of course). =[
To make it simple, is there any ITP test will be held in Jakarta on 2-4 January?

Ah that sounds more understandable now ..

IIEF used to have this link for all ITP centre but recently they deleted that link.

I have pasted it somewhere I am sure but I don't know in which thread I posted it to

for now, your best bet is to call all the centre listed in this link :
http://englishdashboard.blogspot.com...i-jakarta.html

Diubah oleh rahan
0 0
23-12-2014 21:47
Hello there, im going to take IELTS test in IALF Kuningan on 31 January 2015. My preparation by far took IELTS cambridge pdf 1-9 (downloaded freely, not finished yet) and practiced speaking part 2, which harder because there is no starting question at all. But still, i'm worried about writing test. Because writing test isn't an exact question, so there will be many kinds of answer. Do agan-agan here know someone or something to improve (and correcting my answer) writing test? I'd be glad to hear agan-agan response, thank you very much and goodnight
0 0
24-12-2014 05:57
Quote:Original Posted By dimasbolang
Hello there, im going to take IELTS test in IALF Kuningan on 31 January 2015. My preparation by far took IELTS cambridge pdf 1-9 (downloaded freely, not finished yet) and practiced speaking part 2, which harder because there is no starting question at all. But still, i'm worried about writing test. Because writing test isn't an exact question, so there will be many kinds of answer. Do agan-agan here know someone or something to improve (and correcting my answer) writing test? I'd be glad to hear agan-agan response, thank you very much and goodnight

post it in this thread:
http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/00000...-by-others/190

on the very off chance that everyone is lazy, which is very rare, usually there is someone with the actual knowledge to correct your writing.

But, probably because the holiday-season which might be affecting the mood, it is possible they are too busy to deal with this kind of stuff now.

If you want to check my posts there, try locating them from page 126 to 166. I have corrected lots of IELTS essay, and I also have got myself corrected by Loc and LordAizen.

Better yet, read the whole thread from the beginning and make notes every time you learn something new. It's a thread filled with knowledge.

If no one cares for it after few days, I'll go and have a look at it and give my two cents.
0 0
24-12-2014 08:49

Is there any chance to get band 6.5 without taking a preparation course before?

hey dears,

I just want to know that is there somebody can get band 6.5 without taking IELTS preparation course before?
0 0
24-12-2014 09:14
Quote:Original Posted By NoelG
hey dears,

I just want to know that is there somebody can get band 6.5 without taking IELTS preparation course before?

IELTS measures a candidate's English skills.

It is possible for someone to be good and proficient even though he/she has not taken any IELTS preparation test prior to his exam.

If you've built up your English by studying the theory and practice it most of your time then there is no reason why your English shouldn't be good.

However, IELTS is quite tricky for a total beginner who just take the test for the first time, so there is no harm in doing several mock tests, I believe so.

0 0
24-12-2014 09:32

IELTS measures a candidate's English skills.

It is possible for someone to be good and proficient even though he/she has not taken any IELTS preparation test prior to his exam.

If you've built up your English by studying the theory and practice it most of your time then there is no reason why your English shouldn't be good.

However, IELTS is quite tricky for a total beginner who just take the test for the first time, so there is no harm in doing several mock tests, I believe so.

yes if we think normally but how is about the reality? is there someone can get it? and how is about your experience my friend? Did you take preparation course before? (sorry please correct my english)
0 0
24-12-2014 09:42

yes if we think normally but how is about the reality? is there someone can get it? and how is about your experience my friend? Did you take preparation course before? (sorry please correct my english)

Dear my friend, I don't quite understand what you mean by 'how is about the reality'.

Like I said before, do SEVERAL MOCK TESTS first.
then you will know your prediction score.
after you have four or five prediction scores
you can then decide whether you want to take the REAL IELTS
or whether you want to take PREPARATION

now I assume you don't know what mock test is.
Purchase a book published by Cambridge, it is called CAMBRIDGE IELTS 9
or 8, or 7, or any kind of the series. I think it should be available in Gramedia or major book store, but if you don't find it you can use other books such as BARRONS' or UTS INSEARCH or KAPLAN
Do the test from the book.
That is what I called the mock test.

For instance, you have done all four mock tests and you get 7 three times and 6.5 one time. It is safe to assume that you will get 6.5 in the test, but if you are lucky you may get 7.

I have so many clients get 7 even 8 on their first try, of course, it is not a surprising fact, considering most students in Palembang now speak / use English in their life since elementary school.
0 0
24-12-2014 11:26

Dear my friend, I don't quite understand what you mean by 'how is about the reality'.

Like I said before, do SEVERAL MOCK TESTS first.
then you will know your prediction score.
after you have four or five prediction scores
you can then decide whether you want to take the REAL IELTS
or whether you want to take PREPARATION

now I assume you don't know what mock test is.
Purchase a book published by Cambridge, it is called CAMBRIDGE IELTS 9
or 8, or 7, or any kind of the series. I think it should be available in Gramedia or major book store, but if you don't find it you can use other books such as BARRONS' or UTS INSEARCH or KAPLAN
Do the test from the book.
That is what I called the mock test.

For instance, you have done all four mock tests and you get 7 three times and 6.5 one time. It is safe to assume that you will get 6.5 in the test, but if you are lucky you may get 7.

I have so many clients get 7 even 8 on their first try, of course, it is not a surprising fact, considering most students in Palembang now speak / use English in their life since elementary school.

Great explanation i understand now. thanks alot, are u teacher?
0 0
24-12-2014 16:56

Great explanation i understand now. thanks alot, are u teacher?

No, I'm not. I'm more of a fiction writer and a songwriter. Let's keep this thread for IELTS / TOEFL stuff. Anything to discuss with me or other Kaskuser go ahead and join us in the Lounge.

http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/52fe6...he-first-page/
0 0
24-12-2014 22:07

post it in this thread:
http://www.kaskus.co.id/thread/00000...-by-others/190

on the very off chance that everyone is lazy, which is very rare, usually there is someone with the actual knowledge to correct your writing.

But, probably because the holiday-season which might be affecting the mood, it is possible they are too busy to deal with this kind of stuff now.

If you want to check my posts there, try locating them from page 126 to 166. I have corrected lots of IELTS essay, and I also have got myself corrected by Loc and LordAizen.

Better yet, read the whole thread from the beginning and make notes every time you learn something new. It's a thread filled with knowledge.

If no one cares for it after few days, I'll go and have a look at it and give my two cents.

yes i knew this thread has vast knowledge, and thank you for considering my post emoticon-Smilie
0 0
26-12-2014 18:22
help me with english pleaseemoticon-Matabelo
0 0
27-12-2014 20:48
Good evening, guys.
I have some questions about PBT TOEFL...

I took a private TOEFL preparation test 2 years ago. The preparation is about 3-4 months. I took preparation for the TOEFL PBT requirement at civil senior high school but later it was cancelled, i don't know why but it seems the test was just a fake rumor. So basically, I have the basic for TOEFL test. A year later at 2013 I took the English Proficiency Test at LIA and my score for TOEFL prediction test is 590 and valid for a year after the test. LIA asked me if I could take the real TOEFL preparation test at intermediate class for 4-6 months, I guess. But I decided to refuse the invitation since I have a course to attend, too.

The main problem is, I really wanted to take the UI's talent scouting, which required TOEFL or IELTS test score. And I know that TOELF/IELTS registration fee is not cheap for a student like me. I don't want to bother my parents with this, so I need a preparation for that. Is it possible to take only 2 months of preparation to get TOEFL score of 550++? I feel very confident because of the prediction score before. But I don't want to waste my money for failing at the test so I need a preparation first.

I'm thinking of LBUI TOEFL test preparation but from the website it seems the course will take a very long time, about 13 weeks for a level. Is there any course that only take 2-3 months? The due of the talent scouting registration test is on mid-April. Or should I take 2 and a half months of course at LBUI then resign from the course then take the test?

Thanks for the reply
I really appreciate it emoticon-Smilie

Diubah oleh splitzster
0 0
Halaman 39 dari 54
icon-hot-thread
Hot Threads
Copyright © 2022, Kaskus Networks, PT Darta Media Indonesia